New York University
2. How long have you been there?
About half a year
3. What do you love about New York?
Thre are always lots of things to do at the middle of the night when you can't fall asleep, or when the whole floor is still awake
4. Why did you choose NYU?
Because I wanted to be in New York!
5. Did you have a hard time in the beginning? If yes, what are they?
It’s just getting used to the new environment, basically consisted of constant goggling and asking stupid questions that weren't really stupid
6. What is fun about New York? Anything you want to share?
There are just so many beautiful nooks and crannies out there to explore- if I think about it, it's never about what I should do next, but more like where should I explore.
7. Do you have nostalgia? What do you miss the most about
ly I do miss my family and our cats, but the thing I miss most are just the food that I really liked in qingdao– for example the Korean food, or places like Akakara and Kujikuji, and also things like our homemade Dumplings and Baozi.
8. How did u spend ur New Year in NY?
Jan 31st we went out for dinner at a French place and then had like a really low-key evening talking and drinking tea and um playing Othello... Nobody really did anything for Chinese new year– I mean if you think about it there was this China town parade, but it just looked so lame I was like "NO".
9. What are the major differences between QD and NY?
They're just different places. Qingdao is not that big, so there's not much stuff- somehow the food culture is also not as vibrant, despite the diversity (i mean obviously there are A LOT of good places) but like it's not somewhere you could get food in like, say three in the morning. Maybe Kaorou.
10. Any plans about visiting QD?
I might be back in time for graduation?
11. What are you majored in? Why did you choose your major?
It's psychology major & creative writing minor for now. I'm thinking of maybe doing a Japanese minor and/or a cross-school studio arts minor too. I just do things that I think are fun.