This year QISS has changed a lot of things such as classes, the schedule, students and teachers. But my job is telling you about the changes in the QISS schedule.
Below is a summary of how the schedule has changed:
- One extra class for the day (from 7 classes to 8 classes).
- Less break time (15 minutes -> 10 minutes).
- In a half day, there are 2 classes instead of 4 classes.
- An earlier start, for example, last year we started at 8:45 but now we start at 8:30.
- Earlier lunch period (changed from 12:15 to 11:40).
- Five extra minutes for the whole school day.
- Shorter time for homeroom (5 minutes).
- On Friday you go to every class that you take.
- We don’t have the 5 minutes passing time that we used to have to get to classes.
Continuing QISS students
- Almost 7 out of 10 QISS students said that they preferred the old schedule because the new QISS schedule because of the Friday schedule. “We have to do all homework on Thursday night, so it is a busy day” they said.
- Some students say that there is not enough break time.
- Some said it’s good because of the earlier lunch period.
Compared to other schools they have attended, our school starts later in the day. Normally, the other schools start classes at 7:00am, but our school starts classes at 8:30am. New students like the new schedule compared to their previous school because our school starts later than the some of other schools.
- It’s a better schedule for some classes because it gives us more time with longer periods and serves for better teaching environment.
- Some teachers said it is hard because it can be rushed between classes. Some students are late to their classes.